Friday, October 17, 2008

Creative Kids



Ideas for the non-creative moms or those that think they’re not creative.
I love being creative with my kids even though lately it has not been as often as I like. One thing that we did consistently until last year (I really want to start doing this again) is making our own bulletin board. I wish I had a picture I could post of one of them but I will do my best to uh… paint you a picture (okay, okay bad pun). I would put up butcher paper on the wall one section above the other and then put a border around it like at school. (I have a Rubbermaid full of borders from teaching. They are really cheap at the school supply stores.) Then I would have the kids do projects that go on the board. For instance, our fall board.
I painted a tree trunk with tempera and then made what were supposed to be branches. Then I had the kids sponge-paint fall colors on leaf print outs that I put up all over the branches. Next, the kids water colored squirrels that I put on the board. Then we did acorns, apples, pumpkins, scarecrows, and turkeys. It turned into a great piece of artwork that changed every season.

When I need to get my creative juices flowing, I like to visit DLTK's Sites for inspiration.

Are you a mom who is in need of some creative ideas pop on over to Heart of the Matter to find out what other moms do to encourage their kids creativity.

3 comments:

  1. You're so creative! I think it is nice to make the school area seasonal-those little changes sort of re-energize the space.
    I hope you have a great week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of the bulletin board! I've always just had a plain old, undecorated board, but I'm always drawn to all the fun borders. great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea for the bulletin board! My kids love to do art and this will be a fun way to make it meaningful. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.