Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!


Every year the kids and I do a Nativity bulletin board on the wall. As I was taking pictures of this year's finished project, I remembered a post from a couple of years ago that I wrote about Mary.

As I ponder again about what God revealed to Mary as she held Jesus that first night sitting with the animals and, I am sure, marveling that the angels sent the shepherds to see her little one, I thought I would repost those thoughts. They are fresh and new again in my heart today.

December 12, 2008


I have been dwelling on a verse the past week or so. It is really getting me thinking and wondering.
Luke 2:19
But Mary treasured up all these things, pondering them in her heart.
This verse reveals her mother's heart for her son. She knew she had been entrusted with the greatest gift to the world. She knew her son wasn't any ordinary son. She knew she was responsible for training him and molding him and preparing him for what God had planned for him. But, how much did God reveal to Mary about Jesus? It is like that song Mary Did You Know?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will one day walk on water?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will save our sons and daughters?
Did you know that your baby boy has come to make you new?
This child that you've delivered, will soon deliver you.


Mary did you know that your baby boy will give sight to a blind man?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will calm a storm with his hand?
Did you know that your baby boy has walked where angels trod?
And when you kiss your little baby, you have kissed the face of God.


The blind will see, the deaf will hear and the dead will live again.
The lame will leap, the dumb will speak, the praises of the lamb.


Mary did you know that your baby boy is Lord of all creation?
Mary did you know that your baby boy will one day rule the nations?
Did you know that your baby boy is heaven's perfect Lamb?
This sleeping child you're holding is the great I am.


I have been entrusted with 4 beautiful little ones. It is my responsibility to prepare them for what the Lord has for them. Just like Mary had to prepare Jesus, though they aren't going to pay the ultimate sacrifice for the sins of the world. I know that God has great plans for each of them to advance His kingdom, I don't know what those plans are exactly. Only with God's wisdom can I do what I need to, in order to prepare them.
Just what I am thinking about.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.