Friday, August 23, 2019

Until Jesus Takes Me Home


Words spoken 22 years ago to my beloved in his parent’s backyard in front of family and close friends. A garden like scene, something the little girl in me always wanted. And a setting that plays out in Song of Solomon, one of my most favorite books in the Bible. A story of love that is unfettered and an allegory of God’s love for us.

To have and to hold.

For better, for worse.

For richer, for poorer.

In sickness and in health.

To love and to cherish.

Until Jesus takes me home.

I married my best friend, the only one I want to do life with. I am eternally grateful that God orchestrated our paths to cross. Even on that night we first actually met, full of sorrow and loss. God used that night to bring me His absolute best that He had been preparing for me. That night in June all those years ago is proof that everything the enemy desires for our destruction, God uses for His glory and for our good.

mommyhoodadventures.blogspot.com

We have had seasons full of laughter and joy. Thanking God for all He has done and will do. And seasons scarred with tears and stress. While pressing into God, knowing He is our Comforter and gives us rest.

We have had seasons when we are able to live life without worrying about how we are going to buy milk. Thanking God that He is our Provider. And seasons of job loss and empty cupboards. Trusting God that He is still our provider, and He is always faithful.

We have had seasons of health and rest. Thanking God for His protection as we maneuver through our days. And we have had, and are going through, a long season of sickness. Trusting that God is our Healer and that He will restore that which the enemy has taken.

Song of Solomon 8:6-7
Set me as a seal on your heart, as a seal on your arm. For love is as strong as death; ardent love is as unrelenting as Sheol. Love’s flames are fiery flames - the fiercest of all. Mighty waters cannot extinguish love; rivers cannot sweep it away. If a man were to give all his wealth for love, it would be utterly scorned.

Through every season. The delightful and the miserable, we walk, there is a deeper love growing that is not conditional on circumstances, or emotions.

Through every season. The times we are spiritually filled and the times it feels like we are running on empty, we have learned how to cling to each other and run after Jesus together.

Through every season, The years of weakness and the years of strength, we have learned how to carry each other in prayer.

Our marriage story is full of hills, steep cliffs and dark valleys, raging oceans and glorious peaceful meadows. In every season God has been there, holding us, guiding us, and being our strong fortress in the time of trouble.

Psalm 18:2
The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer, my God, my mountain where I seek refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Jesus hasn’t taken either one of us home yet. I am so glad that our story is not over. And God is still working on us. While our marriage is far from perfect, and neither of us are always at our best. God is faithful and has continually shown us His best for us, especially while we are hanging onto the cliff over the darkest valley for dear life or trying to keep our heads above water in the raging waters of the darkest storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.