Saturday, April 21, 2007

Mommyhood - Just Say Glory

Glory - Why do I say this?

Today and yesterday everyone in the house has a cold including the baby. It is perfectly miserable here. I got only 3 hours of sleep trying to keep the baby breathing and not coughing or being miserable made for a long night. But still I say Glory!

What does "Glory" even mean? Well I have been pondering it all day yesterday and today as this word has been running through my head. I am giving Glory to God despite the fact that the baby has not even taken a decent nap all day. I have been so congested and have had a horrible headache and the kids are all coughing and just overall miserable. Even my wonderful Honey has this cold. But still today - Glory!

Praise God that he is God and I - am not. How wonderful my Jesus is that he gave his life for me. The splendor of his majesty who I worship and adore loves me unconditionally. And I say Glory to him that he is leading me in this part of the adventure.

Saying Glory gives me visions of a yellow van and makes me smile with happy memories. Anyone who has known my in-laws forever will remember a specific "Glory Van" I loved that van. I cried when it stayed in Mexico at the orphanage - but smiled knowing that is was still doing what God wanted it to do - Minister to others. I do not think I really understood why the van said "Glory" until few years after the van stayed in Mexico. I learned the full meaning of the word Glory one year on my way to the Father Daughter Shop till you Drop in SF about 5 years ago now. When we were driving in my father in-law's, new to him, Chrysler and we literally blew up a deer when it ran head on into the car. It was, needless to say, gross but the deer actually blew up!?! The entire front of the car is smashed the radiator no more as we are just south of town and had no time to spare to get to the ferry that was taking us to the city. My father in-law gets out, looks at the car, and says "Glory." I finally really got what that means at that moment. Then he wonderfully says, "It's just part of the adventure." Then not even 5 minutes later, another minivan full of Fathers and Daughters pulled up behind us, one of the Fathers drove a tow truck at that time and he was able to call in for a tow as we piled into the minivan on our way to SF. We were able to make it down with 10 minutes to spare! We praised God in a really crazy situation that could have caused us to get mad and ruin the day but it did not and today, I feel bad for that deer but I laugh and praise God that he already worked out the day before hand.

Today and yesterday were days that could have been completely awful and horrible I have been saying Glory. The result were two days that I spent with my munchkins, just hanging out not doing much of anything and growing closer together.

To Give Glory - Giving praise and adoration with thanksgiving to God.

Psalm 69:30
"I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving."


Psalm 86:12 & 13
"I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever. For great is your love toward me; you have delivered me from the depths of the grave."


1 comment:

  1. Yes, Our Lord is worth way beyond all the Glory. He amazes me daily from the little blessings to the big ones. God is so good!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.