Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Mommyhood - Like a Child

There are many times throughout my day where I have the opportunity to hear God speak to me. I miss most of them I am sure, as I am self-absorbed in all that I have determined I need to accomplish. I watch Baby G as she goes through her day always learning and exploring letting no minute go wasted as she learns everything she possibly can about the world around her. She is so determined to learn everything all the time that she even refuses to nap or sleep if she thinks she will miss anything going on. She will not even sleep in her car-seat because she wants to watch everything that happens at wherever we have gone. As I watch her, I am reminded that I am to be like her, constantly on the lookout for what God wants to teach me next. I need to take more time to pay attention and less time being a Martha.

Several years ago when Little Man was probably 2 we were watching Veggie Tales Rack Shack and Benny and God spoke to me through that video regarding a current situation I was going through. Recently God spoke to me again through Veggie Tales while we were all watching Gideon: Tuba Warrior. He reminded me about the power of prayer and that the smallest amount of faith is all you need. There was a great man named George Mueller who opened an orphanage with 50 cents. He operated the orphanage by faith that God would be faithful to supply all their needs and never asked for a donation. Instead, God faithfully provided daily. Never once did the children go hungry-not once did they miss a meal. All because Mueller was faithful to pray and believe. Mueller asked and God did, it was that simple. Wow! What an amazing example for me right now when there are so many uncertainties. I pray and I do know that God is faithful but that day, I needed encouragement and God knew it.

God speaks through everything all the time and my job is just to pay attention. Do I pay attention as I should? Not very well, I am sure. I know that there are days that go by when I am constantly in prayer but I do not think I stop to listen. Other days I am so absorbed in accomplishing the day's tasks that I forget to slow down and pay attention. I need to watch how my little baby never wastes a learning opportunity and apply that to my adult life. I need to realize that just as I set up learning opportunities for my children He sets them up for me. I cannot be distracted with life and miss those opportunities.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
*Luke 10:38-42 "Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word. But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her." (KJV)

*Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I [am] God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth." (KJV)

*Luke 18:17 "Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein." (KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.