Friday, February 8, 2008

Where Do You Homeschool?



The Heart of The Matter has a weekly meme. This weeks theme is, "Where do you homeschool?"

Homeschool in our house is constantly evolving. However, we have a common trend that we seem always to migrate, the living room couch. We love the couch. I really do not want little desks for my kids that make everything about learning rigid. I do not want my kids to associate learning as being something done only when you are at a desk or in a certain room. I want my kids to know that a learning environment is everywhere you go. You can learn in any situation in any place at any time. So we can often be found on the couch or at the kitchen table doing our work. Learning should be comfortable and natural.
I know that I am successful in teaching them that learning is fun and relaxing because last month, the kids and I were play a game called Apples to Apples with one some of their aunts and uncles. You have to take cards in your hand that have people, places, events, and other things on them and lay them down to match a word on the card the judge pulls from the pile. The word pulled was “Relaxed” while most everybody put down cards that said the beach, vacation… my son put down a card that said, “The First Day of School.” That says it all for me.
So, Where do you homeschool?






3 comments:

  1. I love Apples to Apples... and that is so precious what your son said. When i was homeschooled, we usually did it at the dining room table too. Keep up the good work... Blessings, Lindsey <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mommy Reg-
    Thank you so much for your prayers today! It is always awe inspiring to see how the Lord is at work!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.