Friday, March 21, 2008

Eggstra Fun Egg Dyeing!




Happy Good Friday everyone!
Today we dyed eggs as is tradition in our house. Normally this is done on Saturday, but tomorrow is filled with other family events, so it was done today.
I turned it into a science lesson this year, asking them all sorts of questions. And discussing all the answers.
  • How can you tell a hard boiled egg from a raw egg?
  • What is the inside of the egg when it is raw, gas, liquid, or solid?
  • Why would that make a difference between the two?
We stopped short of actually talking about inertia because we then got very involved in the actual dyeing of the eggs.

Some pictures of our handy work. Gia was napping when we started and then woke up when we were a little over halfway done. I let her have a few things to make her think she was doing what we were.





We used normal dye, rubber bands, painters tape, white crayons, and stickers. I put about 2 tsp of vegetable oil in a few of the colors to make marbleized eggs. I put the kids initial on the end of the egg with a white crayon before they dye it so we can easily tell later who owns what egg.


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Man, those are cute pictures! Too bad I had to miss the egg dying this year! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They looked as if they had a blast making those eggs.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.