Thursday, April 3, 2008

My Little Man

My little man turned 9 today! I cannot believe I am a mommy to a 9 year old. It is baffling to me how it can seem like just yesterday I was holding him in my arms for the very first time. I remember wondering what he would be like. What kind of personality he would have. I had no idea what I was in for as a mommy. I thought I did, I had a lot of experience taking care of little ones. I was the oldest of four kids, I was a babysitter from the time I was 12, I was a nursery worker, and a preschool teacher. I had taken several Early Childhood courses; I thought I was an expert. I read several books and asked every parent I knew how they did things. I still had no idea what mommyhood had in store for me. Some say that parents need to go to parenting classes before they become parents. Some are pushing for classes to be taught in high schools now. It is the parents job to teach their children how to parent by the way but that is a whole other post I could do just on that thought. However, no one can really be prepared for the awesomeness of mommyhood until one becomes a mommy.
Now he is 9 and he has three little sisters. He is such a great big brother always ready to take on the challenge of taking care of his sisters. He has such character and integrity already at such a young age. He is pretty much in a constant state of joy and loves having fun. He can never sit still for very long unless he is reading a book. He has so much energy it amazes everyone. He has two speeds “full speed ahead” and “asleep” there is no middle ground with him. He has taught me so much about myself and about the Lord in his short time here. Nine is like the halfway mark to adulthood and I am looking forward to the second half of his childhood even though it means that I have crossed over from him calling me “mommy” to him calling me “mom.”


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. ohhh, going to mom was hard for me too! i still have three other littles who call me Momma though.

    how wonderful to celebrate the 9th b-day. we have that one coming in august!
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.