Monday, June 16, 2008

An Act of Worship

Did you know that every act throughout your day is to be an act of worship to the Lord? God has called every one of us to live a life of worship. We are to wake up with a heart of worship and keep that heart of worship all day even when we go to bed, we should be in a spirit of worship.

Worship is simply an act of love and devotion. In Colossians, we are exhorted to do everything for the Lord giving thanks.

Colossians 3:17
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Colossians 3:23-24
And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

"Do it heartily," with love for the Lord and integrity. Do it thoroughly with passion and eagerness to please the Lord and do it with great enthusiasm, delight and pleasure in Him. In other words do it as an act of worship for the Lord.

So… to put this into perspective for me.

When I am giving Baby G her third bath of the day, (Yes, really, she is the messiest eater I have ever seen.) I am to give thanks to the Lord while bathing her with enthusiasm and delight.

When I am picking up the living room, cooking a meal, dusting the house, vacuuming, folding laundry, washing dishes, I need to be doing it for the Lord as an act of devotion and worship to Him because this is what he has called me to do. I will be honest out of that list, folding laundry and washing dishes are not my favorite chores. I do not always do them with an attitude of worship to the Lord.

Let me encourage you this week, as I work on this. With everything, you have to do this week, do it for the Lord with an attitude of worship.

Romans 12:1-3
Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of the worked, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.