Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Trust in the Lord

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord. This is a very common thing to say when encouraging someone who is going through a tough time. It is easy to say to yourself, "I don't understand what God is doing but I will trust in Him during this time of trouble." But how about when you are sailing through life? Do you still trust in the Lord? Or, do you trust in your own ability? When you go to work, do you trust in your own experience and ability to do the job? Or, do you every day set aside your own understanding and trust God to guide you through the day. At home with your kids, do you wake up ready to handle every situation that arises with your own knowledge and understanding or do you lay that aside and trust God?

Baby G is blessing number 4 in our house. I thought that I had the whole parenting, child-training thing down. When she was born, I was trusting in my abilities and my own understanding not in the Lord for wisdom. I thought I already had all the wisdom I needed to train up Baby G. After all, I had experience with the three older ones, how could I possible not know what I was doing? God has given me a blessing who constantly challenges me to trust not in my experience as a mom but in Him to give me the wisdom I need to train her. It seems that whatever the issue, anything I did with the others does not work. I have to constantly go to the Lord and ask him to give me the wisdom needed to mother her. The wisdom and understanding I already have is useless, I need new wisdom. I really believe that God gave me this blessing to teach me to not lean on my own understanding even during the good times. I am prone to being a know it all. Really, I am. I love information and knowledge. I read all the time to glean more information and knowledge. However, I need to make sure that I am leaning on God and trusting him to direct my paths instead of trusting in my own understanding of how I think the situation should be handled.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.