Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Olympic Fever

My kids have Olympic fever. Well, okay so the whole family has Olympic fever. And I am suffering from Olympic Fatigue - also know as staying up past midnight to watch the events you really like because the network knows you will watch everything they show first just to watch your favorite sport at the end. Between Michael Phelps - man that guy is nuts to swim so many races in such a short amount of time. He absolutely earned every one of his 8 gold medals. To gymnastics and the scoring craziness that the new system is. BTW no one can convince me that some of the Chinese girls, as truly amazing as they are, are really as old as they say. I am hooked. And there are still several days left of the games.

Part of our Olympic unit study included having our own little races and events with no winners or medals, just fun. I took some pics of our fun.

 
On Your Mark

 
Run G Run!

 
Princess K Throwing the "Javelin"

 
Miss H Throwing the "Discus"
 
Little Man Throwing the "Discus"
They ran lenghts of the yard.
They did a relay passing an empty tp roll as a baton. (I thought I got a pic of that but didn't.)
They threw a "javelin" - we used a plastic stake we have for ring toss.
They threw a "discus" also known as a Frisbee.
The kids also did long jump but I didn't take pics of that
Okay off to watch volleyball.


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! Your littles are so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it counted as PE, right? So educational. You've done a lot with the olympics!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.