Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Girls Day

I love spending time with my kiddos. I do. I have so much fun being mommy and doing fun mommy activities with them. I have a really hard time understanding when moms complain about the kids being home from school for break because mine are always home. I love spending every moment I can with them. But, every mom needs some time to rejuvenate and relax. Spending every moment alert, ready to train, correct, praise, exhort and clean after can really start to wear on a mom. For me, it takes a long time to wear out. Little G lately has really been stretching me. What works for most kids does not work with her. It has become a very exhausting time in my adventure through mommyhood. I have been making sure I get a few moments to read my Bible and pray everyday and have really learned to rely on God for the strength I need to be the best mom I can be to her and my other munchkins. However, I still need some time to rejuvenate once in a while.
Today, I had a girls day out with my very close friend Diane. I needed to get my hair cut, it had been about two years since my last hair cut and it was just way too long. So... we planned a girls day with her hair stylist and then went shopping. The day went by way too fast but was worth it. We found some huge bargains at Bath and Body and bought stuff for each other - it was actually really funny and in the end, I think the girls behind the counter thought we were a bit nuts.
When I got home, I was greeted with lots of hugs and smiles. The kids all approved of my new do and told me about their day with Daddy.
Here are some pics of my new do. :)

Just before the first cut.


Diane and I with our new dos.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Diane...

    Sweet Mommy Reg! I like your do too!
    It looks like a fun day - wish I was there:-)
    Love and more love to you both!!!

    -me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new do! Isn't it nice to be pampered:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new do! :)

    Thanks for stopping by to say "hello"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. It's been way too long since I visited your blog. I am just now seeing this post. But alas...now I miss you even MORE! That was a great day. Can't wait to have another like it!

    Love you!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.