Monday, May 18, 2009

Walking with Daddy

Little G has no cares in the world really. She doesn’t worry about if she will eat or what she will eat. She just looks up with those amazing brown eyes and says, “Cheese, grapes please.” And we feed her just like that. No worries for her, because she casts her cares on us and we take care of them just like that. How often do we worry unnecessarily because we forget to cast our cares on our Abba Daddy? How confident are we that when we ask He will provide? Not always are his provisions right away or how we expect but He still provides everything we need – always. He promises it and He is the ultimate promise keeper. This lesson is one I am walking in daily. The past year has been all about learning to cast my cares on my Abba Daddy and learning not to be anxious about the circumstances around me. If I fully trust that my Abba Daddy will take care of me then when I spend time with Him I am more joyful and able to focus on my relationship with Him instead of my worries and my cares. What a great relationship to have with the Father, one that is full of trusting that He will lead me on the safe path and will not let harm come my way. A relationship where I am not constantly reminding Him that I have needs because I know that He will take care of them when it is time, then I can rest in his arms and know He is God.


“Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.”
Psalm 55:22
“Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.”
1 Peter 5:6-8
"Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.”
Matthew 6:25-34

3 comments:

  1. What a heartwarming, beautiful post, Mommy Reg. You also have such wonderful and thoughtful posts to share.
    And I love the photo you added with it.
    Blessings,
    ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOO Encouraging Jamie! I Love You!!!
    ~Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reminding me to Trust the Lord!
    On another note, you recently posted on my blog about your experience with baby reflux and colic. I would love to hear more about how you dealt with these. Would you mind if we communicated by email about these issues? My email is corrielouise@gmail.com
    If you'd rather not,I completely understand! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.