Monday, October 10, 2011

Mommy Lesson 10 - Mommy's Need God's Word

Today didn’t go as planned – at – all. Really nothing went according to what was set up in my mind. And the kids were less than perfect today on edge and having a hard time with all things that had to do with life. Days like this happen I don’t live in a fairy tale where everything is perfect all the time. But I also didn’t spend time in the Word this morning. I kept telling myself I would get to it in a bit and a bit turned to later which turned to it being 10 to midnight and I haven’t sat down to read except when I did the kids Bible verse for the week. I did however get stressed enough to eat two brownies. Now that could mean that this post should be called Mommy’s Needed Chocolate or Mommy’s need the Word. I am going with the second choice because I know that the Word would have been a really good thing for me today. I am not saying that the day would have gone better but I am sure that I would have handled the day better if I would have taken that time in the morning sometime before the day got too crazy. Even if that moment doesn’t happen before the kids get up – I have two that wake up before me most days. I still need to take those few moments to just sit and be with my Lord so that I can keep my focus and handle the stresses of the day without consuming the brownies. Well maybe just one and because it sounded good. Not because I really was stressed and needed chocolate.

Romans 12:2 (HCSB) Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.