Friday, October 14, 2011

Mommy Lesson 14 - God's Love is Limitless

I cannot tell you how much God has revealed to me how much He loves me through my kids. The unconditional love of a mommy pales in comparison to the unconditional love of the Father. I challenge you today to think about how much you love your little one and then multiply that the distance that the east is from the west and you will still not come close to how much He loves you (or your little ones). What is more, is that He does want to bless you just like you are always looking for ways to bless your blessings. I’m not talking about material blessings or sending money to an “evangelist” so that you will be blessed. I am talking about emotional blessings, spiritual blessings, and even some material blessings. He really does want to give you the desires of your heart. He wants you to succeed and stay on the right path, even more than we want to do that with our kids. Words really do not do justice to how much our Heavenly Father loves us and how much He takes care of us even when we think He is leaving us high and dry.
Quick example, your 2 year old is asking for a treat right before dinner. You don’t give it to them because they need the nutritious food more than the treat. That is the same way for us. We sometimes ask for the treat before we get the good for us stuff and He tells us to wait until after. Just like we have our little one wait for the treat after they have their meal. How about when you get a few extra dollars to splurge and you take your daughter out to get a new shirt, just because. Wanting to take them out to give them something just because is the same as when He blesses us. I really wanted a nice bathtub to be able to take baths in. I love bubble baths during the cold months; it is the only way I can seem to get warm sometimes. I didn’t really pray for it when I was praying for God to provide a place for us that would meet our needs. It was a desire I kept hidden in my heart. And when we moved here, I discovered a tub that is great for bubble baths. I didn’t need it, but it was a desire and God gave us everything we needed and then something extra that brings me joy (and warmth). That is how He blesses me. How does He show you how much He loves you?

Psalm 86:15 (HCSB) But You, Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger and abundant in faithful love and truth.

Luke 12:6-7 (HCSB) Aren't five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten in God's sight. Indeed, the hairs of your head are all counted. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.