Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Mommy Lesson 18 - Time Flies When Your Busy

There are those days where you find yourself going, and going, and going, and going, completing one task after the next with all the things that have to get done, only to realize at the end of the day that even though you did so much, you didn’t actually get anything on your original list done. That was today. I had a long list of tasks that I needed to check off and at each turn of the day I was accomplishing tasks, just not the ones that I had planned to. Days like that happen. Sometimes it’s because the kids are having an off day and other times it is just all of the other responsibilities that seem to get in the way. It is so frustrating at the end of a crazy day when you feel like you didn’t get it all done. It makes me discouraged at times because I know that I did a lot and yet I feel like I have nothing to show for it at the end of the day. I know that isn’t true but there are those days.

However I know that tomorrow is a new day filled with new promise and those tasks that needed to get done today can get done tomorrow. It’s taken me a while to come to terms with this simple fact. The list will still be there tomorrow to tackle. It’s okay if it doesn’t get finished today. Mommy lesson for the day, it is okay to leave it until tomorrow as it couldn’t be done today after all. There really are only so many hours in the day and when the list is long, time sure does fly.

Ecclesiastes 8:5-7 (HCSB) The one who keeps a command will not experience anything harmful, and a wise heart knows the right time and procedure. For every activity there is a right time and procedure, even though man's troubles are heavy on him. Yet no one knows what will happen, because who can tell him what will happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.