Monday, October 3, 2011

Mommy Lesson 3 - Walk With Daddy

The other day I was going through some old photos and I ran across the picture below. It is one of my most favorite pictures of all time. The relationship of a little girl and her daddy is so evident in this photo.
 Little G has complete and total trust in her daddy. She knows that her daddy will always keep her safe and lead her in the right direction. She doesn’t question him at all; even today she has that same complete and total trust in him.


As I look at this photo I am reminded once again how we need to rely on our Heavenly Father just the same as Little G relies on Daddy Reg. He knows where things are heading and He knows how to get us through it all. We just need to put our hand in His and let him take the lead. It’s so much easier said than done I know. I can’t tell you how many times I have started to take my gaze off Him, and start to pull my hand out of His and look around for a different path, especially when the path gets bumpy and full of sharp curves. I need to make sure my relationship with my Heavenly Father is such that it is easy to keep looking at Him and walk side by side through whatever life throws at me. Without that relationship there will be no trust. But if I keep my eyes focused on who is leading and not the circumstances then I know that I will be okay.

Psalm 3:5-6 (HCSB) Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; think about Him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right paths.

Isaiah 12:2 (HCSB) Indeed, God is my salvation. I will trust [Him] and not be afraid. Because Yah, the LORD, is my strength and my song, He has become my salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.