Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Fall Walk and Falling Acorns

We took the kids for a nature walk in the park yesterday. I love the fall only because of the beautiful colors on the trees.


The vibrant reds oranges yellows and purples are my favorite.  It's the only part of fall I really like. Well that and Pumpkin Spice Lattes.


However, it has still been a tad too warm here for the trees to get the message that it is time to reveal their true colors so our walk was a bit disappointing from that standpoint.


It was raining acorns along the path we took for part of our walk. It was fun trying to dodge them as they came crashing down. You would hear a noise, look up and try to anticipate where the little acorn was going to land. Hoping that it wasn't going to land on your face.



The girls had fun collecting them and by the end of our walk their pockets were full. I'm not sure if we are going to make a craft with them or just let them be. I have a feeling Little G just wanted to add them to her nature collection. Either way she had a blast trying to stuff as many as she could into her pockets.




















Fall walks are so much fun. Now... if only we can see more color.

This post is linked up to Sweet Shot Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.