Friday, January 27, 2012

P 52 Challenge: Self-Portrait

This week’s P 52 photography theme is “Self-Portrait.” I have to be totally honest and tell you that the thought of taking a picture of myself totally made me have palpitations. I love being behind the camera. I have yet to find myself enjoying being on the other side of the lens. Really, it's not my favorite pastime. However, I do need to be challenged in this area or my poor kids will have no record of me being anywhere with them. So here is my self-portrait. Me, drinking my favorite drink from my favorite mug.


I love coffee more than words can adequately express. I didn’t always love coffee though. My obsession started during my senior year in high school. I was dating Daddy Reg at that time (he was in college) and he loved coffee and knew all the best places for coffee in town. One day he insisted that I try a mocha, while he ordered a quadruple macchiato at a little coffee shop in town. A true macchiato mind you has just a touch of milk. Not, like the macchiato you can get at that very popular, one on every corner, coffee shop we all know so well. I could not imagine having that much espresso in one cup and he was determined to get me to like some form of coffee. Well, I fell in love with the mocha and started getting them every day. I bought one before school then went to a coffee shop at lunch for another and then if I had a lot of studying to do I would grab another one after school.

It didn't take long until I discovered the latte with a double shot. Oh the creamy foam with the delectable coffee goodness nestled underneath was pure heaven on my tongue. Fast forward to today a few things about me and my coffee obsession:

  • I only buy whole bean coffee and grind my own at home.
  • I have a basic automatic coffee pot that serves me well however I wouldn’t mind getting one with a timer so I didn’t have to push the button and wait for the coffee to brew in the morning.
  • I own two different sizes of mocha pots and wish I had another one. I used to have three but one literally exploded and I haven’t replaced it yet. Hmmm it’s about time I did replace it.
  • I have a great coffee press that I use almost daily after the full pot is gone. (Sometimes I press tea in my coffee press though so it isn’t always for more coffee.)
  • I also have a personal sized press for traveling. When I am staying at a hotel, I bring my own coffee and press it.
  • Lattes are my favorite coffee shop drink.
  • I can make my own lattes at home and I don’t own one of those overpriced fancy machines to do it.
  • I love coffee.


.

4 comments:

  1. Oh,I love coffee to! Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Friendy-Friend!
    I haven't been by in a while (that's what you get for not posting very often), but Oh how I love your beautiful photos and sweet words! So wonderful to see YOUR lovely face, and to enjoy your children too. I sure missed seeing you when we were in town. I don't know how the time gets away so fast, but maybe we can do a better job of planning next time. I'd like that :-)

    Love you!
    -me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my sweet friend. I was so sad we didn't get to connect either. Next time we must, and share a cup of coffee or two. :)

      Delete

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.