I love coffee more than words can adequately express. I didn’t always love coffee though. My obsession started during my senior year in high school. I was dating Daddy Reg at that time (he was in college) and he loved coffee and knew all the best places for coffee in town. One day he insisted that I try a mocha, while he ordered a quadruple macchiato at a little coffee shop in town. A true macchiato mind you has just a touch of milk. Not, like the macchiato you can get at that very popular, one on every corner, coffee shop we all know so well. I could not imagine having that much espresso in one cup and he was determined to get me to like some form of coffee. Well, I fell in love with the mocha and started getting them every day. I bought one before school then went to a coffee shop at lunch for another and then if I had a lot of studying to do I would grab another one after school.
It didn't take long until I discovered the latte with a double shot. Oh the creamy foam with the delectable coffee goodness nestled underneath was pure heaven on my tongue. Fast forward to today a few things about me and my coffee obsession:
- I only buy whole bean coffee and grind my own at home.
- I have a basic automatic coffee pot that serves me well however I wouldn’t mind getting one with a timer so I didn’t have to push the button and wait for the coffee to brew in the morning.
- I own two different sizes of mocha pots and wish I had another one. I used to have three but one literally exploded and I haven’t replaced it yet. Hmmm it’s about time I did replace it.
- I have a great coffee press that I use almost daily after the full pot is gone. (Sometimes I press tea in my coffee press though so it isn’t always for more coffee.)
- I also have a personal sized press for traveling. When I am staying at a hotel, I bring my own coffee and press it.
- Lattes are my favorite coffee shop drink.
- I can make my own lattes at home and I don’t own one of those overpriced fancy machines to do it.
- I love coffee.
This post is linked to My 3 Boybarians P52 Photography Challenge.