Monday, October 15, 2012

31 Days 7th Grade Homeschooling

One day each week this month I am featuring one of my kids for 31 Days of Homeschooling Adventures and talking a little bit about how I do school with them. Each one of them has their own strengths and skill sets and not one of them learn the same way as another. It makes for an interesting and fun homeschool experience and also a very challenging one. I love that each one is created uniquely and none of them are like the other. Each of my children was created with a purpose and have amazing gifts. As a homeschool mom, my job is to help them discover their individual potential and help them learn how to walk in their giftings. Watching them walk in their gifts is one of the most exciting things. And you know, they don't have to wait until they are adults to do big things.As a wise little asparagus once said, "Little guys can do big things too."



Meet Miss K my 7th grader. She is my artsy/crafty learner. I learned a long time ago that teaching her by using pictures and color work better than simple words on a page. She thinks best by drawing and doodling while listening to her lessons. I love how she is always making me think outside the box while teaching, though it can be a real challenge sometimes. She loves history, preferably US history and can spend hours learning about our heritage. I learned very quickly that what works for one child will not always work for the next and using the right curriculum might mean not using any curriculum at all.

With my junior highers, my goal is to prepare them for high-school. I want them to learn how to do the tasks that will help them excel later on. I want to give them the tools to gain knowledge on their own and form their own ideas. This is the age where they are realizing how everything connects from one subject to the next. Junior-highers are formulating their own conclusions about what they have learned and how to apply it to their life.


I'm participating in 31 Days along with over 1,000 other bloggers hosted by the Nesting Place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.