Monday, October 8, 2012

31 Days Language Lessons

Often times for our language and grammar lessons, we use our memory verse for the week. It works for us on many levels. It helps them remember the verse we are trying to memorize, of course. The bonus is that it helps them realize sentence structure and how our language works through something relevant instead of a series of arbitrary sentences that mean nothing to them.



How we go through a verse is very simple.

First we identify the type of sentences that are in the verse.

Next we determine the subject and predicate of the sentences.

Then we identify all the different parts of speech, nouns, pronouns, verbs, adverbs.

After that we go through punctuation and identify why each punctuation mark is there.

The next day I like to write the verse with mistakes up on the white board and we go through and correct it together. We always have fun with this and make it a game.

I can tell you that when I give them their language books and ask them to do the same type of thing, they groan but when we do it like this, they really enjoy the learning process so much more.



I'm participating in 31 Days along with over 1,000 other bloggers hosted by the Nesting Place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.