Tuesday, October 9, 2012

31 Days Learning Niches

Finding my kids' learning niches has been a fun challenge but it is also one of the most important challenges I've taken on. Knowing how they learn and what causes them to light up makes their learning experience so much more enjoyable for them. It goes right along with learning styles and right brain left brain learning.



Some kids learn in pictures and through art, others through nature or by building. Some by doing things and others by reading. Some have two learning niches one stronger than the other but everybody has some way that they learn the best.

For my Little G, this is what it looks like when we go on a nature walk.

She loves nature and learns so much when she is in nature. We do as many things as we can outside where she thrives the most.

My Miss K always lights up when I give her opportunities to create while learning. I know that is how she learns best so I do what I can to incorporate those activities into our week.


What is your learning niche. What makes your kids light up. When you bring out the games or paint or when you bring out the read aloud books? Do they thrive in quiet or with activity? Asking yourself questions like that will help you figure out how your little one enjoys learning. And you can ask them, most of the time they already know, you just have to ask the right questions.



I'm participating in 31 Days along with over 1,000 other bloggers hosted by the Nesting Place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.