Thursday, January 31, 2013

Groundhog Day

“That's right, woodchuck-chuckers - it's...
GROUNDHOG DAY!” Groundhog Day

Okay so not quite, but Saturday is. I love Groundhog Day. Seriously, it’s one of my most favorite unofficial holidays EVER. Why? Because that means the cold winter is half way over and the warm weather is on its way.

Frost - The only redeeming factor of cold mornings.


We celebrate the day with fun and games and of course watching the movie Groundhog Day. A few years ago we completed a Groundhog lapbook. Every year we make guesses about if the groundhog will see his shadow and we watch the proclamation made by Punxsutawney Phil.
Are we a bit crazy? Maybe but it is totally because winter is seriously my least favorite season. I hate being cold and winter is well by definition, cold.

If the day is nice, we also go out and begin prepping our garden for spring planting and will even start planting some peas and lettuce and other veggies that do well in the early spring.

So Friday we are doing fun groundhog themed school activities and then Saturday we’ll be enjoying the day that marks the midpoint of winter.

I am so excited for warmer days and getting to enjoy the outdoors digging in the dirt in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.