Wednesday, January 16, 2013

My Word For The Year

Did you read the last post about my word for the year? If you didn’t you might want to go back and read that first. Go ahead, I’ll wait.

(pssst... Click HERE)



Okay so this year the word for 2013 is…


LOVE


What is love? Who is love? Where is love? When is love? How is love?

The pastor of my youth spoke at church on Sunday and he talked about love in a way I hadn’t thought about before. He talked about making God’s love our home. Abiding in God’s love became more real in that moment. John 15 is a passage I have studied and even taught on more than once. I was pretty sure I had that passage nailed down.

Wow, was I wrong.

So what does it mean to make God’s love my home? What does it mean to show others God’s love in a new way? How does God show His love to me? How did Jesus show His disciples love? When are we to love? (Okay, so I am sure I already know the answer to that one.) Those are just some of the things I know that God is going to reveal to me this year through this one simple but powerful word.

Love

John 15:9-10 - As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. (ESV)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.