Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Shalom

Last year, Sheri at the Shades of Pink, had a word for the year. This year she has a new word for 2013. God showed her a lot last year (click here to see what she learned, it’s really awesome). That got me wondering if I should do a word for the year. (And I might think she’s pretty awesome and want to be like her. Or maybe I got jealous that God taught her something through a word and I didn’t have one. Or, I just think it was such a great idea it’s worth taking a part in the fun.) But I just didn’t want it to be some random word I pulled from my ear. (Think magic trick coin.) I wanted it to be a word that God is going to use to show me more of who He is and who I am in Him. So I started thinking through all sorts of words that could be the word of the year. But none of them worked. In fact I realized while I was agonizing over a list of words that one word was actually my word for 2012 and I didn’t even know it. 


Last year the word God gave me was Shalom. That word was a recurring one through so much of what I read and heard all year long. God has been showing me what shalom peace is for a year and I know that I have only scratched the surface of understanding that perfect, encompassing, complete peace. I printed out the word and hung it on my dining room wall. It’s a word I see every day and when I am in need of shalom, I glance at the wall and God reminds me that He brings me shalom. Shalom is a great word and I was thinking it would be great for this year until God showed me it was His word for me last year (sometimes I'm a slow learner) and He wants to show me something new this year. 

But what? What could that word be?

joy… hope… rest… life… faith… dwell… meek… happy...

Nope. While all of those words are great words, none of those are for me this year.

So now that you are on the edge of your seat, I am sure you are wondering; what could my word be?


Well, I will tell you.


Next time.


Until then, may the shalom of Christ dwell in your hearts…

1 comment:

  1. Wow! And Yay! (And I know what your word is...ha!) Now I seriously need to do a word study on "shalom". Very cool!

    (Oh yeah, and you're pretty awesome yourself!)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.