Thursday, June 13, 2013

A New Chapter

I am the mom of a high-schooler now.

I really haven’t been able to wrap my head around the fact that in four short years my oldest will graduate. I know every mom says this but really where did the time go? Is it really possible that I could have a high-schooler? It is so strange to think that this adventure of mommyhood has come so far.

This new chapter that I am about to embark on is one that I begin a bit apprehensive and excited. I have a pit in my stomach and butterflies all at the same time. Did you know that was even possible? And yet I am so proud and excited while completely nervous and confident. Wow this emotional spiral of crazy is not really what I expected.
I am not ready for what lies ahead. I want to be, and I would love to say that I am totally prepared for what lies ahead. But that would be such a fib from outer space. Because I am not prepared and I have no idea what lies around the next bend. I know that I should be ready to begin this part of the adventure with expectancy and no fear but I am not there yet. I am confident of this; without fully relying on God for wisdom and grace I will not be the best I can be as a mom for my son during his high-school years. I know that this part of the journey will cause us to grow and stretch in ways that will sometimes be painful, but in the end be the best growth possible.

I have to prep for his academics and I think that is where I am the most petrified. I don’t want to mess it up and yet I know that God has called me to homeschool him through high-school. So this I know, God will give me what I need to do the task he has called me to do.

Still where did the time go? I think I blinked because my Little Man is no longer little.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.