Sunday, January 26, 2014

2013 Word Love


At the beginning of 2013 I asked God to give me a word that would be my theme for the year. The word He gave to me came in the form of a sermon that Sunday.

LOVE


My original plan was to write down what God had taught me about Love throughout the year so I could see how much I had grown in that area. But I found that it wasn’t a few big revelations about love but many micro revelations throughout each day. God’s love is so extraordinarily immense, so exceedingly enormous there is no way we can grasp the fullness of how much He loves us.

Every day (at least the days I was paying attention) God reaffirmed to me that I cannot come close to fathoming how much He loves me, you, and all His creation. He shows His love to us every day in the little pleasures and big problems. We just have to have our eyes open to seeing it.




At the end of a long stressful day you look at the sky and see the gorgeous sunset He painted making the stress just melt away, He loves you. God shows you His love in those little moments when you get to enjoy His creation.

You find that parking spot towards the front of the store after you battled just to get there, He loves you. God shows His love to you by making a hard day just a little easier. The tight budget that won’t make it to the next paycheck and you find a $20 in the pocket of your jacket. Sure you left it there 3 months ago but now you really need that $20 and you found it at just the right time, He loves you. God shows His love by providing just what you need at the very exact time you need it.

The peace and comfort given to you from a friend He placed in your life while you are going through the biggest storm you have ever had to go through, He loves you. God shows His love to you through the people He places in your life.

As a parent I love doing little things for my kids that make their day better in some way. It could be a day filled with constant struggle and strife and I will at the end of the day ask them to choose what dinner is. It’s my way of saying it’s okay, we’re good, I still love them even though their day was less than stellar. I love to lavish my love on them in the ways they respond the best. I show them love by spending extra time with them, doing things for them, giving them gifts, speaking truth into their life, or any combination of those. Knowing them so well that I know what they need to be confident in just how much I love them. God is exactly the same way with us.

How does God show you He loves you? I challenge you to be aware of the little things He does and the people He puts in your path every day to show you how much He loves you. Oh and I just scratched the surface. Let us not forget that He sent His Son Jesus to conquer death so that we might have life. That right there is the greatest act of love. I know that I have not come close to scratching the surface of just how much He loves me this past year. I know that I will continue to learn each and every day just how much He loves us.



John 15:9-13 As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full. “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.