Wednesday, June 5, 2019

God of the Impossible

George Muller is one of my heroes. Many people have never heard of him but I think that is how it is supposed to be. It isn’t like he sought out fame and fortune. In the 1800s he founded many orphanages and schools in England. He trusted God to provide everything that was needed for his ministry through prayer instead of asking for donations. He took God at His word, prayed and trusted God with reckless abandon. Every donation that came in for his ministry was a result of George’s persistent prayers and steadfast trust in God. As a result, hundreds of orphan children were off the streets and living in the orphanages he established where they were taken care of, fed, given an education and the skills necessary to be successful when they grew up. And most importantly, they were shown the love of God. Because of George’s unwavering trust in God and His promises, countless lives were changed.


Muller understood thoroughly that God delights in giving us all good things. I love being able to give my kids things and opportunities they need and desire. Little Z comes to me knowing that I will give her whatever she needs without begging or pleading. Today, she came to me, handed me her empty milk bottle and said, “Thank you.” She has confidence in her position as my daughter that I will take care of her. I will give her what she needs and she can always come to me with thankful expectation to have those needs met. God is just like that. Jesus says we need to come to the Father like the little children, just like Little Z when she handed me her empty bottle saying thanks for what she knew what I was going to give her.

Ephesians 3:20 tells us that God is fully capable to do exceedingly more than we can ever ask for or imagine. And, In Matthew, Jesus tells us to seek His kingdom first and then everything will be provided. Philippians 4 tells us that if we take everything to God in prayer, we will be filled with peace and that God supplies all our needs in abundance according to His riches in glory. The Bible is overflowing with God’s promises to take care of us. There are countless examples of when He has taken care of those who follow Him. All we have to do is pray with thanksgiving and expectation, trust and follow His direction.

What impossible circumstance do you need help with right now? Maybe your whole life seems like it is in total chaos with no peace in sight. Seek God, pray with expectant thanksgiving, take Him at His word and trust that in His timing in His way He will do more than you can imagine. Because God is the God of the impossible. And God always keeps His promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.