Monday, August 12, 2019

God Is Not Done Writing My Story

Do you count down the days until Christmas? (135 in case you are wondering.) Or do you count how many days since something has happened? Like when you say your newborn is 3 days old. (In case you are wondering, my youngest is 1,209 days old.) It has been 1,095 days, since I died and lived to tell about it. Today marks my 3 year ReBirthday! I count the days that God has given me since He almost took me home. I am so very thankful that God already knew that the number of my days are not over yet. In Job, it says that God has determined our days and our months depend on Him. In Psalms we read that all our days are written in His book;
Your eyes saw me when I was formless;
all my days were written in Your book and planned
before a single one of them began.
Psalm 139:16

God is writing the most beautiful story and we have the privilege to be a part of it.

 

Everyday, I look at my littlest and thank God that she is able to live life with her mommy, today.
Because I never wanted part of her story to include losing her mommy while she was a baby.

Everyday, I look at my hubby and thank God that he doesn’t have to do life without me and that I still get to do life with him.
Because I know our story isn’t over.

Everyday, I look at my older kids and thank God that they haven’t had to say good-bye, yet.
Because their story still includes their mom.

Everyday, (well, almost) I ask God to show me what He is doing and how I can follow His lead.
Because His breath is in my lungs and I choose to live my story through Him and for Him.

God is good all the time; all the time God is good.
Celebrating 3 years of God continuing my story.


Today, I celebrate 3 years of my story not yet being over.
Because 3 years ago today, I died and through medical interventions and God performing miracle upon miracle I am still alive.

For anyone who doesn’t know my story, here is the Cliffs Notes version. I went in to have a simple outpatient surgery to remove my gallbladder after having our little surprise number 5. My body reacted to the anesthesia and within 90 seconds of them starting to put me under, my heart stopped and I was in full cardiac arrest. It took 21 minutes of chest compressions and other interventions before my heart just barely started beating again. I was on full life support for 4 days before I started breathing again on my own and finally woke up. I miraculously walked out of the hospital after the doctors told my husband to be prepared to put me in a care facility if I ever woke up. Reactions like that are so very rare, like less than 1% and I haven’t fully recovered from everything yet. But God is so very faithful and I know that in His perfect timing my body will be fully restored.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.