Friday, March 30, 2007

Staying Focused

Life is always full of milestones. This week Gianina got her first taste of "solid food." It was a lot of fun to watch her reaction to this new experience. I was anticipating a quick introduction to the rice cereal without a lot acceptance. So far she has proved to not be very accepting of new experiences. However, this was a different story. She grabbed my hand that was holding the spoon and shoved it in her mouth. I could not keep up with her at all. She finished what I had made and would probably have eaten more.


That is how we are to be with God's word. Hungry for more and trying to shovel it in faster than we can read. I know I struggle with reading daily. There are times where I can go the entire week without touching my Bible. How sad, we have all the answers to all our struggles right at our fingertips. God's living word ready for us to read. So, why when I get busy and need him the most do I forget? Ah ha it is the cunning scheme of the enemy, to distract us and make us forget what is most important. We should not be so distracted that we forget to seek the one who spoke creation into existence. We should be focused - like a horse with blinders on. Just a thought to ponder as I watch how my little one devours food.

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness and all these things shall be given to you as well." - Matthew 6:33

"But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well." - Luke 12:31

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.