Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Big Move

Well I have now been in my new home for five wonderfully busy days. We turned in the keys to our old place today and it was such a relief to know that I am completely done there. This place is in such a better part f town and the layout here is so much better. I am just so excited.

A little background about how this whole move got started will probably be good. We were managing a complex of townhouses for five years when it was sold to an investor who had his own management company. We decided not to stay and not to work for them. Well, after 6 months of looking for what God wanted us to do next God brought His next move for us to us. A friend called me up and said that someone had just moved out in the duplexes where she lives. (Now we are neighbors-yeah!) So… without hesitation we applied and were approved instantly. I love watching how God is always so faithful to supply all our needs at just the perfect time. It has been a whirlwind as it was exactly a month ago that this saga started and now here I am sitting in my new home.

On Saturday at 9:30 my father-in-law, brother-in-law, my dad, and three guys from church came over to help us move. We filled a little trailer, a uhaul (twice), and three trucks (twice). In tow trips almost everything was moved. I had run out of boxes the night before and that morning was stuffing stuff into as many bags as I could. It was pretty crazy. By 3:30, we were done and eating lunch. It was cool. After I unpacked some boxes, Mario went back and filled them up with the miscellaneous things I was not able to get on Saturday. Unfortunately, not all was smooth. Gia got sick with a cold before we moved and still has the tail end of it. On Saturday night, I caught it and was so sick I could not sleep or breath and my head felt like it was going to explode. Kinza and Hannah both got the cold on Sunday. It became pretty crazy around here with everything going on.

Gia has done really well over all adjusting to the new home. She is not sleeping more than 2 hours at a time during the night and keeps waking up screaming. However, during the day, she is having a ball. She is able to go pretty much wherever she wants and loves her freedom. The kids love it here so much. I am so thankful for God’s wonderful provision. So in a very small nutshell is the saga of the move. It was some very long few days staying up until the wee hours of the morning, moving things from there to here, and then rearranging them. Nevertheless, it has been so fun and so great.

1 Chronicles 16:8 & 9

“Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done. Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.