Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Weblink Wednesday - U.S. History




My son absolutely loves US History, and politics. Seriously, the other day out of the blue he asked me if I knew who the 13th president was. Do you know? He isn't a well known president. I had no idea took a guess and was very wrong. He was quick to inform me it was Millard Fillmore.(Remember - He's 8!) He loves to vote and "votes" in every election with a sample ballot. All the old ladies who volunteer at the polling places think is it adorable. We are using the A Beka history series for his social studies and have fallen in love with it. To add to all he is learning in his social study books, I like to find extras that go along with what we are studying. For this week's Weblink Wednesday I am sharing three US history sites that I have found.

America's Christian History
Ben's Guide to U.S. Govenrment
The Presidents House


For even more links to great resources to enhance your homeschooling adventure head over to Homeschooling With Encouragement. Me, I am off to library today (my kids favorite place) and will visit all the wonderful resources later this evening. Have a great day!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I stopped by this morning and took a look at your links, but didn't leave a message. Now I am making my rounds to thank each and every one of you for participating in Weblink Wednesday today. You did a great job choosing a link to share. Just to let you know, on April 1st, I will be debuting a special website called Weblink Education where all these links will be available in ONE place. Hurray.

    Have a great day!
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those links and have placed them in my favs! Thanks so much! I didn't know you and your dh were EMT's. What a coincidence! I have my EMT as well as RN also. So your house loves watching the gooey stuff too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have bookmarked all 3 for later use. Thanks for sharing, I hope you are having a blessed week :)
    -TF
    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/madefromscratch/

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.