Monday, May 12, 2008

No Greater Joy

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
3 John 1:4


I thought about this verse yesterday. The greatest Mother's Day gift I could ever receive is to watch my children walk in truth and to hear from others how my children are walking in truth even when I am not around to remind them.

Are my kids perfect? No way! Every day I train them to walk in truth so in the "real world" they will walk in truth without wavering. You cannot expect from your children what you haven't trained or taught them in the first place. I don't always have the answers but God's Word does.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2 Timothy 3:16


All scripture is instruction in righteousness, not just some but all scripture. I know that if I need to know how to address a behavior or attitude I can find the answer in the Bible to train and teach my children to walk in truth. I can read all the books ever written about raising children (believe me I have read quit a few) but they pale in comparison to the greatest book ever written.

Just thought I would share.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.