Friday, May 9, 2008

What a Great Night

Tonight I had the extreme honor of being at a book release. This isn't just any book written by just anybody. The author of this book is my pastor from my childhood and much of my adulthood. A little over 5 years ago, God called him in a new direction of ministry. But I have to tell you about this man. He is absolutely one of the most humble men of God I have ever met in my entire life. Every message was always filled with love. Loving God, loving and reaching out to the "unlovable" and God's love for us. I grew up listening to him and taking notes every service. I always was eager to hear what God was showing him. Even though my father-in-law is the pastor of the church we are now a part of, Gaylord is still my pastor. I cannot wait to read this book and share what God reveals to me through it. The name of the book is Love Revolution Rediscovering the Lost Command of Jesus. You know, love is a command not a suggestion or a piece of advice. The church tonight was filled with people from so many different churches pastors too. He has brought so many of this community together through his ministry and his walk with the Lord. His very life is a testimony to what he wrote about in his book.
Anyway, I am so excited to read this book and grow in the Lord in new ways.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like I will have to borrow it when you are through with it! I miss and love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's sounds exciting! Let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.