Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thursday Thirteen - A Prudent Wife

Proverbs 19:14
Houses and riches are an inheritance from fathers,
But a prudent wife is from the LORD.

Do you know what it means to be prudent? I looked it up and it basically means wise and careful. Here are some questions I am now asking myself as I challenge myself in being a more prudent wife.
  1. Am I wise in handling practical everyday problems?
  2. Do I use my common sense when handling situations and making decisions?
  3. Am I careful about my conduct and how I carry myself?
  4. Am I careful in providing for the future by foreseeing what we will need and making sure we can meet that need? Short term like dinner and long term.
  5. Do I use money wisely?
  6. Do I choose my words carefully?
  7. Am I practical when it comes to my desires?
  8. Do I have good judgment when making decisions?
  9. Am I discerning of all that is going on in situations?
  10. Do I use what I have on hand wisely?
  11. Am I careful of my attitude with my husband?
  12. Am I careful in the upbringing of my children?
  13. Do I stay level headed with all that life throws at me?
It says a prudent wife is from the Lord. It is important to be prudent then to be a blessing to our husbands.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. what a great list and a much needed reminder for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great questions! They are very helpful and encourage us to be the best wives we can be.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.