Monday, November 17, 2008

Enjoying the Fall Leaves

We have had some unusually warm weather lately and after the day I had on Friday, I was determined to enjoy the kids and let them relax a bit. This weekend, I let them jump in the leaves. They did all the work to get the leaves from one end of the yard to the other. And had a blast. I couldn't make them stay inside and do school work on another glorious day so I let them have fun again today. I think that I made a great choice, it seemed like they still needed to relax a bit. The weather people say this beautiful weather will be gone by the end of the week so letting them enjoy it now will pay off when it is just too cold and wet to be outside - our yard turns into mud when it is wet.

I took this when it was getting dark so I had to lighten it up to see it.
This pic says it all about how much fun they had.

4 comments:

  1. So fun. I know you will be glad you made that decision. Can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! There is nary a leaf left in our state. But we wake up to frozen ground every morning...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see that they had a wonderful time. I would have made the same decision!! It has been so cold here for the past few days that the next warm one we have: School's Out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like so much fun! Did you jump in with them afterward?

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.