Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas and Advent Lapbooks and Activities

This year I wanted to have the kids do a lapbook for Christmas. I want the focus to stay on the nativity and why Christ came. I am praying that God will reveal Himself to them in a new and very real way this year. I started researching for ideas and came across more than I can do in the next two weeks. I thought I would share my findings with everyone so you can use anything here that would be beneficial in your home. We are going to do a little bit from 3 or 4 of these resources.

Nativity Lapbook - Geared for ages 3-6 Everything is laid out and ready to print.

Jesus Is Born Lapbook - Geared for preschool. Everything is laid out and ready to print.

A Christmas Lapbook - All ages both Christian and Secular activities. This is a Squido lens with links to many different books to put into a lapbook. A great resource of minibooks, activities and worksheets.

Birth of Christ Lapbook - Perfect for 1st through 3rd grade with many options for graphics.

Twelve Days of Christmas - A great lapbook for elementary aged kids that goes through the song and the meaning behind the gifts.

The Christmas Day Kitten - This is a lapbook to go along with the book by James Harriot.

The Legend of the Candy Cane - This is a lapbook to go along with the book by Lori Walburg.

Christmas Customs Lapbook - This lapbook can work for elementary age and maybe older. It is all about the customs of Christmas.

Christmas Symbols Lapbook - This lapbook is geared more towards early elementary and discusses the symbols of Christmas.

Advent Lapbook Resources - This pages has great resources for advent. We aren't doing a lapbook but I pulled some stuff from this site so that we can do the reading. Great resource.

Christmas & Advent Links - Homeschooling 4 Free has a bunch of links to some great stuff for Christmas.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for helping get the word out about my Squidoo lens "A Christmas Lapbook". You have a great blog here!

    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to get together. I want to hear all about your homeschooling. I love that you are keeping the focus on Jesus' birth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! what great links! Thanks for sharing. Hope you are dong well~!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always share such great links, Mommy Reg!! I am renaming you Queen Mommy Reg the Finder of Great Links!!
    I hope things are going well for you. I'm thinking of you and praying for you all!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.