Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Math Lessons

The living-room floor is where we did math today.

I have a little one who prefers to avoid math at all costs. Getting a math lesson in during the day is like pulling teeth without pain medication and a real pair of pliers. Seriously, not kidding. So whenever I can, I try to incorporate games and real life math into our day. This week, we have been focusing on just basic math facts and adding more than two numbers together. I have been challenging myself to do this without using any drill worksheets or flash cards.

Well, we are using cards, 52 of them to be exact.

And colorful chips.

The kids love playing games and there has been a whole lot of addition going on, past the sum of 21.

And strategy as they figure out if they should risk it to get a sum closer to 21...


...or if they should play it safe.

This post linked to Sweet Shot Tuesday with Darcy.

1 comment:

  1. GREAT shots...really love the one with the hand in motion - great capture! :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.