Wednesday, March 9, 2011

St Patrick's Day Plans

We love St Patrick's Day and it is just a week away. The kids started asking me what we were going to do this year and asked if we could do a lapbook. How could I say no? We love how we can incorporate so much learning into a lapbook and allow the creativity to flow at the same time. Well, I went to work coming up with ideas and thought I would share the wealth of resources I have found with you so you can enjoy the day learning.

If you think that St Patrick's Day is just about wearing green and eating green food, you are missing out. St Patrick was an amazing man who loved God with reckless abandon. Veggie Tales has a great little short about him on their DVD Sumo of the Opera, we watch it every year. I'm still formulating my plan for this year but here are some ideas I have found so far.

Christian Preschool Printables has some fun print outs for the littles including a Bible verse printable that would be great in a lapbook.

File Folder Fun has several folder games to print out. I think I am going to print out Shamrock Showdown for the kids to practice their place value together.

Bible Story Printables has a fun Shamrock craft that I think I want to do.

Homeschool Helper Online has a St Patrick's Day Lapbook with lesson plans ready to go. I am going to use some of these for the lapbook.

Homeschool Share has a Lapbook to go with Jan Brett's book St Patrick's Day in the Morning. There are some fun learning ideas here and if you want to read the book, a great resource for activities to go with the book.

CurrClick is offering a free study called of Shamrocks and Shillelaghs. It is full of information, Irish sayings and activities to go along with any unit study that has to do with Ireland.

WebLink Education has several links to all sorts of activities for Saint Patrick's Day.

DLTK has several coloring pages, crafts, worksheets and ideas.

I also found this Squidoo lens filled with so many lapbooking ideas I almost don't know where to start. Wow so many links.

Okay, so now I have more than enough resources at my fingertips. Remembering that less is more I am going to put together a lapbook/unit study that will work with the kids. Now, on to plan the menu for the day.



1 comment:

  1. What a great post! So many great ideas. Thanks for sharing :)

    ♥ SoCalVal

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.