Saturday, October 1, 2011

Mommyhood Lesson 1 - Be Moldable and Teachable


When I became a mom, I looked forward to all the things I would be able to teach my kids. I never realized just how much more I would learn from being a mom than I would teach. I absolutely have learned more about myself and about who God is in the past 12 years than I learned in all the years before. This month for the 31 Days of October Series, I am going to share just a bit of what I have learned so far. I have committed to posting some lesson or tidbit I have discovered everyday this month. I know without a shadow of a doubt that I haven’t even come close to scratching the surface of what God wants to reveal to me through my kids. My prayer is that through my posts you will be encouraged in your walk through mommyhood (or life, if you aren’t a mommy) and that at the end of this month I will have also learned even more than I know now.

I have learned that God will use any opportunity to teach me something. All I have to do is pay attention. He is always working on me every moment of every day if I allow myself to be teachable. Being teachable as a mom is so important. Realizing that you don’t know it all or have all the answers is so important. Because we don’t know it all (Unlike when we were teens and we really did know it all.) and we really have so much to learn. If we remain teachable and moldable then our children will see that and will learn how to be more teachable themselves.
2 Corinthians 4:7-9 (HCSB)
Now we have this treasure in clay jars, so that this extraordinary power may be from God and not from us. We are pressured in every way but not crushed; we are perplexed but not in despair; we are persecuted but not abandoned; we are struck down but not destroyed.

Isaiah 64:8 (HCSB)
Yet LORD, You are our Father; we are the clay, and You are our potter; we all are the work of Your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.