Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Mommy Milestone

Last week my Little Man turned 13! Really and truly I do not think I was even close to being ready for that to happen. To become the mom of a teenager is something that I have been really excited about for a long time but when it actually happened I kinda panicked.

Where did the last 13 years go?

I know that is totally cliché but time really does just fly by in a blink.


I have so loved watching my little boy grow and develop into a young gentleman. To be able to see his personality mature into what it is today has been such a great honor and privilege. I am so blessed that God has chosen me to be his mom. Me, I was chosen, God's plan for Little Man's life included me to be his mom since the beginning of time. I must admit that there are many days when I feel so inadequate to be his mom. Feeling inadequate is a good thing believe it or not. When I feel weak and inadequate in my mommy knowledge, that is when God's love and grace and infinite wisdom can shine through. There are so many times when I mess this up, because I let myself get in the way. So many times I find myself moving over to the side and letting God take the wheel, again.

I love the junior high age. I think it is such a fun and crucial age. This is the age where you really start to see them grow into their personality. My heart is to see my Little Man grow into the adult God has created him to become. My job is to give him the tools he needs to be successful in life. Right now, his biggest challenge is to grasp fractions, later in life he will face greater challenges. I pray every day that God gives me the wisdom to know how to equip my son for those challenges.

 I am not in denial that the teen years are the craziest roller-coaster of hormones, irrational emotions, mood swings and crazy ideas. But I know that as long as I continually seek God for wisdom this crazy moody roller coaster I just got on will be a lot more enjoyable and a lot less stressful.

So moms, do you have teens? Have you survived the teen years? What tidbits of wisdom can you give this mom so I still have hair at the other end of this adventure?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.