Saturday, May 5, 2012

P52 Fiesta or Siesta

This week’s theme for the P 52 Photography Challenge is – Fiesta or Siesta. Really having no idea what I was going to post for this picture, I started going through all the pictures I took this week while we were on a field trip to an Arboretum a couple hours away from us. The Arboretum was so much fun but the temperature dropped quickly and we had to cut our visit a little short. I hope we can go back again soon; there are so many more areas to explore.

While at the Arboretum, we spied this little turtle taking an afternoon siesta in the afternoon sun while floating on the algae in the creek.


I cannot relate to turtles at all. Really, to take an afternoon siesta, just doesn’t happen for me. I have to consciously make an effort to relax. I always have a list of things to get done. Even when I go to bed, I am running through the list of things I accomplished and moving what I didn’t onto the next day’s list while trying to figure out the best way to fit everything in. And I never get it all done no matter how hard I try. Life seems to always get in the way of my over planned day. I am very much a Martha and have been for as long as I can remember.

I really need to remember that it is okay to be a Mary and rest at His feet. This year God has been reminding me to just rest in Him. Take a siesta (figuratively), be quiet and still so that I can just soak in what He has for me. Some days are easier than others to remember to take a few moments to just be. Making my brain stop is hard though. Even when I am too tired to think, it seems I am still over thinking, and remembering to rest in the Lord and rejuvenate is difficult to do. I know I need to the lesson of the turtle, take it easy and just rest a while.

Luke 10:38-42
While they were traveling, He entered a village, and a woman named Martha welcomed Him into her home. She had a sister named Mary, who also sat at the Lord’s feet and was listening to what He said. But Martha was distracted by her many tasks, and she came up and asked, “Lord, don’t You care that my sister has left me to serve alone? So tell her to give me a hand.”
The Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and upset about many things, but one thing is necessary. Mary has made the right choice, and it will not be taken away from her.”



This post is linked to P52 Photography Challenge with Darcy at Life With My 3 Boybarians.

2 comments:

  1. Great capture. You weren't close to him, I'm sure. We have a turtle that looks just like that. His name is Perkins. We also had a frog, since passed, who was named IHOP. Can you see the theme?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, Treats With a Twist, to look at my healthy but decadent recipes! Hope you find some yummy things to try.
    I love that you're documenting your "mommyhood". I definitely want to do this once I start a family of my own :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.