Monday, October 22, 2012

31 Days Peace in the Chaos

You know the story about Jesus on the boat during the storm and the apostles were freaking out about the storm while Jesus was sleeping? The apostles woke up Jesus in a frenzy - reacting to the storm that was all around them not fully realizing that the One they were with was already in complete control of the storm.



How many days are we like that? If you have put God in the center of your life then the very Creator of the universe is right there with you in the midst of the chaos and the storm that you are dealing with. This goes for those really not so great homeschool days that you just want to forget about and for the everyday life that we face each and every day.

During the storm, first Jesus rebuked the wind - the cause of the waves and unrest of the sea. Then He told the sea to be calm. The sea was reacting to the wind and the apostles were reacting to the waves and probably the wind too. But do you see, it was like a chain of reactions?
Matthew 4:39 ~ He got up, rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Silence! Be still!” The wind ceased, and there was a great calm. (ESV)
Shh Peace Be Still
So how do I apply this to my homeschool day?
If I can remember to stay focused on Jesus and not on the storm around me, then I can take a moment to see what caused the day of chaos, distractions, dissension or whatever. If I see the cause of everything toppling down around me, I can rebuke it and let God take control of it. Then the seas - aka the kids (and more often myself) can be calmed. Most days the cause means I need to reevaluate my approach to the day or I simply forgot to pray and give the day to God in the first place. Don't get me wrong, there are so many days where the calm means you step back, and take the rest of the school day off to do some regrouping and that is how you calm the seas. But other days a simple, "Shh! Peace be still." will help the day along much smoother.



I'm participating in 31 Days along with over 1,000 other bloggers hosted by the Nesting Place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.