Monday, March 18, 2013

I Choose Joy


Joy.

Today I choose joy.

This week I choose joy.
 
I didn’t sleep well last night, not sure why, it just didn’t happen. This weekend we enjoyed the beautiful weather began this year’s garden. It was such fun working with the girls and plotting out what we want to grow and where. Even the process of digging out ant hills and replacing the relocated dirt with fresh dirt was fun but hard work. By Sunday morning I was extremely sore from all that digging and tilling. Today, I am even sorer than before. I also woke up with a migraine. It’s okay it happens I get them about once a week. A not so enjoyable phone call from a not so friendly person for work first thing in the morning and the beginning of my week seems like it would be better to just crawl back into bed and pretend today isn’t here already.

But instead I choose joy.

Joy is different from happiness. Happiness comes from circumstances and events. Joy comes from the Lord. Joy isn’t dependent on the circumstances around you. If you are not careful that joy can be stolen from you if you let those circumstances get to you. I don’t want to lose my joy in the midst of the beginning of what could be a very hard day. The joy of the Lord is my strength. I need that strength to make it through the hard days. So today, as the Monday blahs are eminent it seems. I choose to walk in joy.



And do not be grieved, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.
Nehemiah 8:10b

May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy,
Colossians 1:11



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.