Friday, April 17, 2009

Some Recent Sewing Adventures

I love to sew, a lot. I learned how to sew when I was about 7 and fell in love with the whole process. I love sewing things for mommys more than probably anything. I had the pleasure of sewing some stuff for my sister-in-law who was blessed with an amazing little boy. I thought I would share with anyone interested. :)

This is the changing table cover I made for her. The colors in the baby's room are chocolate brown, beige, light blue and white with a splash of orange for a pop of color. I thought it would be fun to make it a solid strip with the chocolate and the light blue. Then edged it with a light blue stitch. This was a lot of fun to make.

Here are some burp cloths I made. The front is a flannel print and the bottom is a terry. I love these so much! When I had Miss H, A friend of mine gave me a couple like this and I used them all the time. They are big enough to cover and absorbent. I have made tons of these over the past few years. Even with Little G being two, I still use them. They are soft and perfect for wiping a runny nose.

Here are a few smaller ones I made. My sister-in-law uses the small ones a lot for drool and while feeding the baby. They are just two pieces of flannel swen together but I have found these to be very useful. :)
 
Then I made one of my favorite things of all time. The changing tote. I designed this about two years ago and love it. It is a changing pad and diaper tote rolled into one. The outside gets dirty while the inside is the part that the baby comes in contact with. The inside has four pockets. I keep my wipes in one, two diapers in another, and I keep little ziplocs in another for easy disposal when a garbage can isn't near by. And if I am going to be gone all day, I can add two more diapers in the fourth pocket and everything will still fit. I cannot tell you how much I love this creation of mine. :) I even used it today changing Little G in the car.


Hope you enjoyed my little show and tell. :)

4 comments:

  1. Very cool! I wish I knew how to sew! Someday I will learn! :) Great job on the baby sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Diane - Yes so very soon!
    @Kaitlyn - Thanks. Sewing is really not that hard to learn. Most of what I know I taught myself. Just get any old sewing machine, learn how to work it. Get some super cheap fabric and start by sewing squares. You'll have it down in no time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are wonderful!! They are so functional and look so very soft. Sewing is such a wonderful, fulfilling craft to learn. I know that you'll enjoy passing that talent on to your children too.
    I hope things are going very well for you all.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.