Friday, January 6, 2012

P 52 Challenge: Resolution

I decided to participate in a P52 Challenge this year. The one I am participating in is hosted by Darcy at Life With My 3 Boybarians, she also hosts Sweet Shot Tuesdays. Darcy totally rocks; you should go check her out. I want to stretch myself in my photography and felt this was absolutely they way to do it. Every Friday I plan to post a picture for this challenge. I really hope I can pull it off each week.

This week’s challenge is: Resolution

I don’t make New Year’s Resolutions. I find them very pointless, I don’t think you need to have a reason to begin doing something that you need to do, you just need to jump in and do it. Besides often times by February that promise you made to yourself has already been forgotten.

This year is no different for me. I haven’t made a resolution but after the hustle and bustle of Christmas I realized I was feeling depleted spiritually and emotionally. I knew the reason why, I haven’t been keeping my time with God as I should. So, I purposed to be more diligent in keeping my morning appointment with the Lord. I am not a morning person at all but if I don’t read my Bible first thing, I find that excuses and distractions keep me from sitting down even for ten minutes to get myself focused and renewed. Renewing myself and getting my focus on the eternal is so important for me. I need to keep that focus so that I can be the best wife and mom I can be. If I am depleted or stressed, I will not be the wife and mom God has called me to be.

Do you make resolutions?




3 comments:

  1. What a great way to look at things... just get into it. I

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't worry and be happy : I'm sure God is always in your mind. If you don't have enough time to pray you can do nice things for people who needs your help : this is as beautiful as a prayer, this is an act of love and God is Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for stopping by my blog and for the nice compliment. i've found that these kinds of photography challenges have improved my skills greatly. plus it's a lot of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.