Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Summer Time

I seriously cannot believe how fast this summer is flying by. I know that is a bit cliche but it is totally true. We are trying to make the most of every day and enjoy as much family time as possible. Daddy Reg has had an unexpected break from work and has been home pretty much all day everyday which means lots of family time for us. This weekend was no exception. We enjoyed the farmer's market, played in the creek and hung out all day. When we got home I made watermelon salsa with some peppers we bought.
P52 Week 28 - Summer Treats

Have you ever had watermelon salsa? If you haven't, what are you waiting for? I make it all the time and totally love it with pretty much every chip and cracker you can think of. Pita chips and watermelon salsa are perfect on a hot summer afternoon. I was out of pita chips so I settled for basic corn chips.

But my favorite part of the day was dinner. Daddy Reg taught Princess K the fine art of grilling hotdogs.


She was a quick study and since then has also grilled some steak and some chicken. I'm such a proud mommy.



This post is linked to Project 52 and Sweet Shot Tuesday with Kent Weakley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.