Saturday, March 23, 2013

Easter & Passover Teaching Ideas

Easter is right around the corner.

I love spending Holy week working on fun activities that point to the cross and keep our focus on what Jesus did for us.

This year, I am not totally sure just what we will be doing at this point. But I have a ton of ideas with just a short week to fit it all in. (Including our Resurrection Garden.)



Christian Preschool Printables is full of fun activities to print out. Even printable Resurrection Eggs.

DLTK is always a great place to find coloring pages, activities and crafts.

Lapbook Lessons has a Resurrection lapbook for PreK to early elementary.

Just Call Me Jamin has a great lapbook plan on her blog also.

This Simple Home has a tutorial about making your own Resurrection Eggs.

Catholic Icing has a great Resurrection Scene just like a Nativity Scene but for Easter. It's way too cool and I know that we will be doing this at some point during the week.

Wee Little Miracles has a fun Easter Story Wreath that looks like a lot of fun to do.

Sunday School Center has Easter lesson for teens. I haven't looked over all of the lessons but they look great for even an at home study.


Passover begins on Monday and I am going to be working with the kids on what Passover is all about. I found a few ideas to help this year as we begin Passover. We've been studying all the Jewish Holy Days this year and I am really excited to dive into Passover which is really the most amazing of all the Holy Days in my opinion.


Hoemeschool Share has a Passover Lapbook that we will be doing elements of.

Just Call Me Jamin (love her) has a Passover lapbook. So many great resources on her blog.

Heart of Wisdom has a great Passover lapbook.

I think I am going to be combining elements of all of these lapbooks to make one that fits each one of the kids personalities and capabilities.

Of course on Saturday night we will be making Resurrection/Easter Tomb Cookies. If you haven't made these with your kids you really should. They are gluten free too so no need to adapt them if you need to be gluten free.


If you were looking for some ideas that were not bunnies, chicks, and eggs I hope I pointed you in the right direction. Easter is such an important day as we celebrate what God has done for us through His Son.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Mommyhood Adventures! My little corner of the web where I post my adventures in mommyhood and life.